"I am not a realist by nature, and for me to try and become one would only make me acutely unhappy. All my life I have tried to rise above external situations, if they were unsatisfactory. And often they have been. Since I was thirteen and first went on the stage, I have lived as much as possible in a world of fantasy — seen only those things in life I have wanted to see — avoided the things which would pull me down and make me miserable. My dreams have always been a jump ahead of the interesting events which have befallen me. I think my dreams have actually made them possible. When grief has come for me, I have been able, because of the imaginary world I built for myself, to climb out of its reach mentally — to protect myself to the happy ending."
(Mae Murray, nata Marie Adrienne Koenig, attrice, ballerina, sceneggiatrice; Portsmouth, 10 maggio 1885 – Woodland Hills, 23 marzo 1965)

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento