venerdì 9 agosto 2019

"I was fourteen when I started stripping and burlesque - I did Greek dancing and belly dancing. I looked older because I, you know, was a little developed. I was always afraid I was going to get arrested, I was so relieved when I turned twenty-one. I didn't run away from home, I was just wild with life. It never entered my mind to be an actress. I came to California to be near the ocean, I have this love affair with Malibu. Russ found me working in a club and read me for a small part in Motorpsycho. But then he decided to star me, and I told him I didn't know the first thing about acting! He told me, "Don't worry baby, just stick with me, I'll teach you everything." So I just sort of did it, I wasn't terrific, but it was fun!"
(Haji, pseudonimo di Barbarella Catton, ballerina e attrice; Québec, 24 gennaio 1946 – 10 agosto 2013)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento