sabato 8 luglio 2023

 


"Different parts call for different heavies. I have a certain presence. I play against that presence a lot of times. One school of heavy that kind of came in vogue, I use it, Warren Oates used it for a while, Jack Elam did with his own twist, and that's of a heavy that is not crazy or deranged--although we play those, of course--but rather someone who is a heavy because he enjoys being a heavy. I've done 25, 30, 50 different types of heavies, a shade here, a shade there . . . it's really hard to say what they're looking for when they pick me. A lot of times your heavy is not that well presented in the script. Most times he's too one-sided. So we look for things to bring to being a heavy: a certain softness; a vulnerability that makes him human; a quiet moment when he's a screamer most of the time; a look; the way he dresses; the way he walks into a room. There are many things that contribute to why a casting director will choose me over someone else . . . or someone else over me."

 (L. Q. Jones, nato Justus Ellis McQueen, Jr., attore, regista e produttore cinematografico; Beaumont, 19 agosto 1927 – Los Angeles, 9 luglio 2022)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento