"After Lancer (1968) went off, I went on auditions for roles I know I should have won. But I didn't get them. Finally, I called my agent and asked him what I was doing wrong. He checked and called back to tell me the producers felt I "didn't have enough energy". I just walked in quietly, introduced myself, then got to the reading. Well, the next interview after that, I really was so embarrassed. I went into that office bouncing off the walls, being the jerk of the century. I felt so phony and I made a complete ass of myself. But I got the part and I have gotten every one since then. You just have to be bigger than life in an audition. Also, in TV, so many people are so insecure. They have to see a performer as the person they are casting. They haven't time to visualize you in the role."
(Elizabeth Baur, attrice; Los Angeles, 1º dicembre 1947 – Los Angeles, 30 settembre 2017)

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento