venerdì 13 ottobre 2023


"I didn't (know how special those songs would become). When I write songs, I write about something I've experienced, something someone shared with me. I really didn't know that! I just wanted to write songs because I would hear this music, I would hear these lyrics in my head and I just wanted to write music I wanted to put it on tape ( we had tape at the time). I had no idea that "All In All" and "Come Into My Life" would be big records, none whatsoever. It really didn't bother me at the time. I just wanted to be in the studio and to sing my songs. It's been such a blessing, even today I still get a lot of radio play and people faces light up when they see me in concert when I'm performing these songs and they are singing along. I am really honoured, it is really a blessing."

(Joyce Sims, cantautrice; Rochester, 6 agosto 1959 – 13 ottobre 2022)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento